Monday, June 3, 2013

Greek to Them

I was at a Subway restaurant the other day.  One of the sandwich artists was making my sandwich up until the cheese part.  She gave it to the next artist, who put it in the oven at my request.   The oven dinged, and Artist 2 put the sandwich back on the preparation tray.

"The sandwich isn't toasted," said I.

Artist 2 stared at the creation, pondering this seeming ontological impossibility.

"You need to press and hold the button," said Artist 1.  "Sheesh, I tell people this all the time, and they never believe me."

"We should just call you Cassandra," I quipped.

"Why?  Do you know her?" she asked, pointing at Artist 2, whose nametag read "Cassie."

"Oh never mind. Before you were born."

1 comment:

Alice said...

technically, before YOU were born also . . . unless there is something you are not telling us!